1. Competition will be held from April 6th untill April 9th 2021.
2. The competition is open to young musicians from all over the world.
3. The competitors are divided into seven categories, according to the years of learning. Violinists, violists, cellists
and double bass players compete together in each category.
4. The participants bear the expenses of travel and accomodation.
5. In the event of cancellation, the entrance fee will not be refunded.
6. Official piano accompanists are available for all categories. One rehearsal and performance with the official
accompanist are charged by prices listed below. Optionally, each additional rehearsal with the official accompanist
is possible directly in agreement with accompanist.
7. Competitors may bring their own accompanists at their own expense.
8. Competitors who need official accompanist (note in Application form) are required to bring their own piano score. Also, a legible copy of the score for piano accompaniment has to be sent directly to each accompanists e-mail adress. Official accompanists will contact competitors after application deadline via e-mail adress listed in Application form.
9. Applications should be sent during the perod from March 22nd untill March 26th 2021 to competition mail adress: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. The Application form should be filled in thoroughly, stating the original names of composers and pieces in full length, as well as the exact duration of each piece.
11. In addition to the Application form, the receipt of paid entrance fee should be scanned and sent to competition mail adress: email@example.com
12. PAYMENT (for foreign participants):
• Entrance fee: 50 €
• Official accompanist:
1st and 2nd category: 20 €,
3rd and 4th category: 30 €,
5th, 6th and 7th category: 50 €.
13. Please note the following bank account information:
Umjetnička škola Miroslav Magdalenić Čakovec
PRIVREDNA BANKA ZAGREB
with note including: „MATZ“ and competitor name.
14. All compositions should be performed by heart.
15. The exact performance order in all categories is determined by the first letter of candidate’s family name, starting with the letter “F”.
16. All performances are open to the public.
17. The organizer have the right to reproduce any parts of the competition in the media.
18. The prize winners are determined by the Jury voting. The Jury member who is in any kind of kinship
and / or professional contact with some of the contestants (at least one year before the competition),
can not give vote to those competitors.
19. The Jury and the Head Office reserve the right to reduce the length of performance.
20. Decisions of the Jury are final and irrevocable.
21. In each category, 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize are assigned. According to the decision of the Jury, it is possible to assign
more than one First, Second and Third prize.
22. According to the decision of the Jury, in each category it is possible to assign a number of Special awards and
Special Mention Diplomas.
23. According to the decision of the Jury, it is possible not to award some of the prizes.
24. All participants receive a certificate of participation.
25. The competition schedule will be announced after application deadline.
26. Depending on the epidemiological situation, applicable measures, recommendations and instructions related to COVID-19 during March, the organizer preserves the right to cancel the competition. All information at: www.umjetnicka-skola-miroslav-magdalenic.com.hr/rudolf-matz/